Hello, I'm Tanya Ventress a current student from Cleveland College of Art and Design in Hartlepool (originally from York). I'm studying BA (Hons) Textiles and Surface Design and I'm currently in the Madness of third year. I have ambitions of a teaching career but at the moment I'm hoping to persue my career of Surface Design.

Thursday 31 March 2011

Long time, no see

So it’s been a while, my work has been going well but my camera memory card has climbed out of my camera and gone on a voyage, and my phone is running out of battery (why is it that these things happen all at once) so instead you're going to have to rely on my vivid description of life as I know it!

So I'm excited about doing my final length next Wednesday and will be glad when it’s over. I've been toddling along doing bits of printing final samples for this design, working on my professional studies (will I ever see the end of the great pile that is Prof Studies) and am trying to figure out my next steps. One fantastic thing is that I have been told I can go back to my old Guide unit when I get back to York. I kind of wish that my old school existed when it comes to asking for work experience though, as I feel I will be very lost (which is probably a good thing in terms of experience but we all like our little familiar comforts).

Today a man Mr Ian Lamming came in to tell us all about press packs, he seemed nice but seemed taken aback when I didn't want to travel all over the world like a fashionista. It doesn't really appeal to me jet setting constantly; however I can’t wait to get going off to work experiences!!

Anyway I am really hoping to get a work placement somewhere, and that I don't mind travelling for, so fingers crossed.

Other than that I'm thinking my press release is going to be pretty boring unless I get doing so onwards I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment