Hello, I'm Tanya Ventress a current student from Cleveland College of Art and Design in Hartlepool (originally from York). I'm studying BA (Hons) Textiles and Surface Design and I'm currently in the Madness of third year. I have ambitions of a teaching career but at the moment I'm hoping to persue my career of Surface Design.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Dissertation Prize

I am also very happy and proud to say I am the winner of the
Cleveland College of Art and Design,
Principles Dissertation Prize
For my dissertation
'The True Nature of a Gift'

In brief my dissertation was on the True Nature of a Gift and investigated a brief history and current values in society about the meaning of gifts.

I really enjoyed researching and writing the dissertation and feel that despite tackling a difficult topic that what I have learned has enlightened me, though unfortunately I can never look at gift giving the same way ever again!

Again I'd like to thank everyone who helped with ideas and stories and proof reading skills, and for anyone who would like to read it, I believe a copy is being kept by the LRC and is available to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment